Last revised: April 26, 2021
- Chronic stress associated with caregiving and its attributes (e.g., symptoms of depression)
- Grief (e.g., complicated grief and non-death grief) and loss
- Wellness of counseling professionals (e.g., counselors, counselor educators, students in training, and clinical researchers) in relation to professional identity in counseling
- Culturally-responsive research mentorship in counselor education
- Barriers to access mental health care among Black, Indigenous, Persons of Color (BIPOC) communities and others during COVID-19
- Trauma-responsive school yards in elementary schools in the Greater Philadelphia area
Research Coursework Completed
- Biotechnology & Human Rights (2 credits)
- Standard Laboratory Experiments in Physics & Chemistry (2 credits)
- Laboratory Experiments in Life Science I (5 credits)
- Laboratory Experiments in Life Science II (10 credits)
- Research Experiments in Biology (8 credits)
- Introduction to Quantitative Research (EDUC 6114, 3 credits)
- Qualitative Research Methods (EDUC 8122, 3 credits)
- Seminar in Counseling (CNSL 8961, 3 credits)
- Case Study Research Methods (EDUC 8131, 3 credits)
- Predictive Designs & Analyses (EDUC 8171, 3 credits)
- Structural Equation Modeling (EDUC 8173, 3 credits)
MANUSCRIPTS IN PRESS
John, N. G., Felter, J., Moh, Y., Bin, J., & Cupta, A. (accepted pending minor revisions). Working faith: A university-community collaboration to support healing-centered practices within faith communities.
Moh, Y., & Sperandio, K. (accepted pending minor revisions). The need to consider requiring trauma training in entry-level academic training programs in clinical mental health counseling.
Barrera, A., Moh, Y., Nichols, A., & Le, H-N. (2020). The factor reliability and convergent validity of the Patient Health Questionnaire-4 (PHQ-4) among an international sample of pregnant women. Journal of Women’s Health. https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2020.8320
Moh, Y. (2019). A systemic approach to the development and improvement of trauma-informed mental health counseling. Romania Journal of Counseling.
Natori, Y., Tagami, K., Murakami, K., Yoshida, S., Tanigawa O., Moh, Y., Masuda, K., Wada, T., Suzuki, S., Nanamiya, H., Tozawa, Y., & Kawamura, F. (2009). Transcription Activity of Individual rrn Operons in Bacillus subtilis Mutants Deficient in (p)ppGpp Synthetase Genes, relA, yjbM, and ywaC. Journal of Bacteriology, 191(14), 4555-4561. Retrieved from http://jb.asm.org/content/191/14/4555
BOOKS AND BOOK CHAPTERS
Moh, Y. (accepted pending minor revisions). Multicultural and diversity training of counselors. In Dermer, H. B. (Ed.) The SAGE Encyclopedia of Multicultural Counseling, Social Justice, and Advocacy. SAGE.
Moh, Y. (accepted pending minor revisions). Goals of multicultural counseling. In Dermer, H. B. (Ed.) The SAGE Encyclopedia of Multicultural Counseling, Social Justice, and Advocacy. SAGE.
Moh, Y., & Jacques, J. (2020). Three responses to promote survival. In Miller, R., & Beeson, E.T. (Ed.) The neuroeducation toolbox: collaborative approaches to infusing neuroscience principles in counseling and psychotherapy. San Diego, CA: Cognella.
Moh, Y (2020). The biopsychosocial and lifestyle model for case formulation, Part 3. Counseling Today, 63(5), 14-17. https://www.counseling.org/Publications/CT_Flip-Book/1120/mobile/index.html#p=14
Moh, Y (2020). Neurobiological mechanisms of mental disorders and diet as a modulator, Part 2. Counseling Today, 63(4), 12-15.
Moh, Y (2020). The impact of diet and nutrition on mental health, Part 1. Counseling Today, 63(3), 10-12. https://www.counseling.org/Publications/CT_Flip-Book/0920/mobile/index.html – p=11
Lee, D. L. & Moh, Y. (Eds.) (2020). New developments in multicultural and social justice counseling competence training. Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, 48(3), 134-136. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmcd.12172
Moh, Y., & Sperandio, K. (2020). How do counselors support clients during the coronavirus pandemic? Counseling Today, Online Exclusives. Retrieved from https://ct.counseling.org/2020/04/how-do-counselors-support-clients-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/
Moh, Y. (2016). A meaning of transformational excellence and strategies for its promotion. Chi Sigma Iota & Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Program. Retrieved from http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.csi-net.org/resource/resmgr/research/essay-2016-moh.pdf
MEDIA AND CHRONICLES
Jason, N. (2020). Christmas lights are going up early in this pandemic-darkened year as we look for some joy. The Philadelphia Inquirer. https://www.inquirer.com/news/christmas-lights-coronavirus-kindys-coping-philadelphia-20201115.html
MANUSCRIPTS UNDER REVIEW
Moh, Y., & Lanthier, R. P. Caring for mental health caregivers: Non-death loss and grief, support, and their associations with depression
Harrichand, J., & Moh, Y. (Spring 2021). North Atlantic Region Association for Counselor Education and Supervision. Spring edition of the newsletter. https://naraces.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2021-Spring-edition_NARACES.pdf
Moh, Y. (Winter 2021). Association for Adult Development and Aging. Fall edition of the newsletter.
Moh, Y. (Fall 2019). Association for Adult Development and Aging. Fall edition of the newsletter.
Moh, Y. (Summer 2019). Association for Adult Development and Aging. Summer edition of the newsletter.
Moh, Y. (Spring 2019). Association for Adult Development and Aging. Spring edition of the newsletter.
Moh, Y. (Fall 2018). Association for Adult Development and Aging. Fall edition of the newsletter.
PROJECTS IN PROGRESS
- Moh, Y., & Lanthier, R. (2018 – present). The Association between caregiver stress and depression.
- Moh, Y., Bang, N., & Crunk, A. E. (2017 – present). An examination of the relationship between professional identity in counseling and wellness of counselor professionals.
- Moh, Y. & Anandavalli, S. (2020 – present). Culturally-responsive research mentorship in counselor education.
- Moh, Y., Sperandio, K., & Wycoff, K. (2020- present). Barriers to Access Mental Health Care among Black, Indigenous, Persons of Color (BIPOC) communities and others during COVID-19
- Crunk, A. E., Burke, L. A., Neimeyer, R. A., & Moh, Y. (2018 – present). Adverse childhood experiences and risks of complicated grief.
- Sperandio, K., Gonzalez, E., & Moh, Y. (2020 – present). Grief in addiction counselors.